15" Black Dirt Rifleworks™ E1 Ultra-Lite Free Float AR-15 Handguard - M-Lok
The Black Dirt Rifleworks™ E1 ultra-light weight slim-line free float handguard for the AR-15 features the M-Lok accessory mount system and is a complete re-imagination of what a solid, well designed and affordable free float handguard should be. Black Dirt Rifleworks™ design engineers wanted it to be tough enough for even the most extreme duty use / environments while remaining among the lightest weight available and they wanted it to be drop dead sexy. They delivered and in a big way!
Designed to be durable, slim and snag free Black Dirt Rifleworks™ departed from the traditional continuous top rail design used in most similarly featured handguards on the marked in favor of a split rail design with M-Lok accessory attachment points in between giving the shooter a modular light weight design with M-Lok accessory attachment points at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock positions. The extruded aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum alloy is precision machined on to exact design tolerances hard coat anodized to U.S. military specifications (Type III Class II) for durability in even the most extreme environments and scenarios.
- Single piece split top rail design featuring M-Lok accessory mount system
- Accepts all properly designed M-Lok rails and accesories
- Slim profile 5140 steel barrel nut
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Includes timing shims for easy installation and alignment
- Slim profile design accommodates most low profile gas blocks
- Length: 15"
- Inner Horizontal Diam.: 1.38"
- Inner Vertical Diam.: 1.66"
- Net Weight (Including Barrel Nut & Hardware): 11.2 oz
- Material: Extruded aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum
- Finish: Hard Coat Type III Class II Anodize Black
- Designed to be used with direct impingement gas systems. NOT compatible with piston systems.
Installation Torque Specifications:
- For proper and worry free installation it is recommended that you apply blue Loctite™ or similar thread locking material to each of the four compression screws.
- Torque screws to 20 - 25 in lbs.