Stiller's Precision Predator XT Stripped Billet AR-15 Lower Receiver
Give your next precision AR-15 project a state of the art foundation with the Predator XT Billet AR lower by Stiller's Precision. Jerry Stiller, world renowned designer and manufacturer of the U.S. Navy's legendary MK13 300WM sniper rifle action, researched far and wide to determine what exactly the perfect precision AR lower receiver should be and the Predator XT is the result. He very quickly determined that the only way he could offer all of the features he wanted while completely eliminating torsional stress would be to start with a billet blank. After a painstaking and extensive material study it was determined that the best combination of stiffness, strength and toughness necessary for the foundation of a hyper-accurate AR rifle was offered by a relatively unknown high performance aircraft alloy that is used predominately in the construction of the F-16 and other U.S. military fighter jet structures. The alloy, 7050-T7651, is almost twice as strong as 6061-T6 and has better crack resistance than 7075-T6 while offering a higher level of corrosion resistance and lighter relative weight than both. As with everything else Jerry has produced this alloy was the absolute best material for the job, so that is what he used.
As for the design, it all started with the standard forged Mil-Spec lower receiver drawing and quickly morphed into something completely different as features were added and deemed necessary. In order to add the torsional stiffness necessary in a precision rifle foundation, the magwell area was ribbed in a truss pattern along with an expanded width trigger guard. The magwell was designed and chamfered to allow for a wider flare for easy magazine insertion and sized to allow all currently marketed magazines to drop free without snagging or catching in the magwell. Rather then machine or broach the magwell, wire EDM technology was used to more exactly control the size and exact position for flawless feeding. A textured finger grip area was added to the front to help control the weapon when holding with the offhand on the magwell. To help keep a wide range of upper receivers tight, all of the pin locations and mating surfaces are under constant and close control during the machining process and a nylon tipped tension adjustment screw was added under the rear pin location to allow the shooter a wider range of upper receiver choices and the ability to keep the lower and upper fit tight with one simple adjustment. All of the edges and inner corners have been chamfered or rounded for ergonomics and additional strength. The stock boss (buffer tube area) on the back was also beefed up to add strength and a small setscrew was added for the rear pin spring to help keep stock installation or replacement a snap. After all that, a Mil-Spec type III 2 mil thick hard anodize is performed by one of the defense industries' top suppliers for excellent surface wear, additional corrosion resistance and ravishing good looks.
The Predator XT lower receiver is made available through an exclusive agreement between Stiller's Precision and Ground Zero Precision.
- Precision machined from 7050-T7651 aluminum super alloy for the absolute highest stiffness, strength and toughness
- X-Rib magwell stiffeners and extended width machined in trigger guard add overall strength and stiffness.
- Flared magwell that is wire EDM cut for exact size and alignment for easy drop free use of all currently marketed magazines.
- Machined finger grip pad on front of the lower allows for easy control of weapon during use
- Extra beefy stock boss adds strength, stiffness and greatly reduces the chance of breakage when used with even the most powerful cartridges.
- A setscrew is added to help retain rear pin spring and ease the installation or replacement of stocks.
- Nylon tipped tension adjustment screw allows the shooter to adjust the lower to upper receiver fit.
- Type III hard anodized to 2 mil deep for excellent wear and looks
- Marked for multi-caliber use and specified as other to ATF so that it can be used for pistol or rifle
FFL Terms and Conditions (PLEASE READ!!!):
- Any items placed on the same order as a lower receiver will also be shipped to the FFL. If you would like additional items shipped to you directly, please place them on a separate order.
- Please enter your information or the receiving party's (the person that will be picking it up) information AS WELL AS the name, email and a good contact phone number for the FFL dealer you want us to ship your receiver to in the order comment box while checking out. We will obtain the shipping address and other necessary information directly from them.
- If the dealer you are using to transfer a firearm has not sent us a currently updated FFL to put on file or is uncooperative with our request there will be an extended period of time needed to process your order.
There will be a 50% restocking fee on all lower receivers returned because of failed background checks.
Federal law requires that you be 21 years or age or older to purchase a stripped receiver or frame. If a frame or receiver can only be made into a long gun (rifle or shotgun), it is still a frame or receiver not a handgun or long gun. However, they still are "firearms" by definition, and subject to the same GCA limitations as any other firearms. See Section 921(a)(3)(b). 18 U.S.C. Section 922(b)(1) makes it unlawful for a licensee to sell any firearm other than a shotgun or rifle to any person under the age of 21.